Conor McGregor has reportedly been accused of attacking a woman on a yacht during a recent holiday in Ibiza, an allegation to Irish star denies.
Earlier this week, Spanish news outlet Ultima Hora reported that McGregor had been named in an incident where a woman was allegedly struck multiple times and threatened. The woman jumped off the boat to escape.
It was said to have happened during a party to celebrate his birthday, which took place on the weekend of July 15.
McGregor’s involvement in the alleged incident was initially by Spain’s national police force, Gardia Civil, according to sources cited by Marca.
The alleged victim, who is said to be McGregor’s former neighbour, reportedly first told officers that McGregor attacked her, then said that it was not him.
However, she has since filed a report against McGregor in his native Ireland, leading to the case being reopened.
Details of the incident, which were shared by MMA Mania, allege the former world-champion fighter kicked her in the stomach and punched her in the chin before threatening to ‘drown her in the sea’.
McGregor’s spokesperson Karen Kessler has released the following statement to the media, vehemently denying any involvement on his part in the alleged incident: “Mr McGregor is steadfast in his denial of all the accusations made by a guest on his boat.”